The Teflon tube for 1.75mm filament is made from PTFE or namely F4, full name is Polytetrafluoroethylene, in English is Teflon. Teflon is one of plastic, which is the highest temperature resistant (280°C -300°C), electrical resistance 45KV/mm, resistant to strong acid & alkali, and the wear-resisting. So hose made of PTFE is suitable for FDM 3d printer, for the high temperature working environment.
- Suggestion: long-term working temperature under 240°C for ABS, PLA and Nylon filament materials.
- Low Temperature Resistant: Can keep soft in -100°C
- Ageing Resistant: the best aging life in plastics
- High Lubrication: Friction coefficient is only 0.04, and won’t change with the temperature.
- Hose’s inner wall is not easy to adhere to colloids and chemicals.
- High Chemical Stability: Can withstand all the strong acids
- 2 free pneumatic push-in fittings, PC4-M6 PC4-M8
Tips: “How to Replace for A PTFE Hose When Nozzle Clogs?”
Your filament materials may expand from 1.75mm to 2.00mm or even more in summer, so it will be clogged in the nozzle or Teflon hose. For the beginners, this can be quite a headache – it means you have to spend money and time to solve the problem. Can we do something by ourselves?
- Heat the nozzle up to about 240°C, and then cut the tie or tape that holds the hose in place and take off the fan cover – don’t cool down in the whole operation.
- There is a pneumatic push-in fitting on the extruder, press the white spring pad then can pull out the hose, or you can unscrew the hose then pull out directly.
- Then unscrew the pneumatic which lies on the nozzle, pull out the hose, and then take the spring washer end of pneumatic from the hose.
- Install the pneumatic on the nozzle end, don’t need to screw too tightly. Estimate the insertion length with the new Teflon hose outside the nozzle.(If the old hose is long enough, you can cut of the spent part just make sure the cut is smooth)
- Insert the new hose to nozzle, and then you can screw the pneumatic after tidying them. Or it may cause leakage and nozzle clogging again.
- And install another end of hose to extruder, together with fan cover and then fix the hose.
Now you can start to print a small model for testing.
There are no reviews yet.